To ensure a strong bond between police agencies and the public; agencies must open and accessible accountability processes that answer the following questions:
- Training: What training and experience does agency internal investigators receive and possess?
- Complaint Reception: How open is the agency to receiving complaints? How are complaints documented and tracked?
- Investigation: What is the capacity of the police agency to conduct complete and thorough internal investigations?
- Adjudication: Is the determination seen as fair and made in a timely fashion?
- Discipline: Does discipline in sustained or founded cases meet the infraction?
- Notification: Does the agency notify complainants of the outcome their complaint?
- Education: What public outreach does the agency have in place to educate their communities on police accountability processes?
Transparency Matters, LLC is experienced in all the above - Contact Us